Friday, August 25, 2017

12 Weeks of Halloween - Week 3 - Witches Hats


Welcome to Week 3 of the 12 weeks of Halloween!
Today we are making the most adorable witch hat clips!


This is definitely not a new idea.  I have seen it all over YouTube and Pinterest.  But everywhere I see it, they are using punches.  I don't have punches, but I have a Cricut so I adapted it for me.  I used black glitter paper from my stash and an old retired Halloween paper from CTMH.


I started with a 2 1/2" circle with a 1" circle sliced out of the center. Then I cut 2 trees from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  They seemed the closest to the punch that was being used but there are so many trees if you don't have Art Philosophy I'm sure you could find another - or just use a triangle!  Make it work with what you have!  The bow I cut was from Leather Bows - I love this bow!  


I picked up the mini clothespins at my Walmart's craft section.  Glue one tree to each side - make sure the squeezy side is on the top and the end that opens is at the bottom (ask how I know lol)  Once the glue dries I added 3 mini glue dots to each side of the trees - both bottom corners and the center.  Slide the tree through the circle from the bottom and fold over the circle taking care not to crease it and attach to the glue dots on each side securing the two pieces together.  Assemble your bow and attache to the hat.


I've attached the Cricut cut file for Design Space below.  Let me know if you try them! 

Have a wonderful weekend!  
Hugs ~ Dawn

Have you checked out the Warehouse Sale?  Huge discounts every week! Click here!

Interested in joining my team??  Check out the details here or message me to chat!

August Stamp of the Month!  Only one week to get this set for $5.00!  Click here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a Card Monday #5

Hi Everyone! Short and sweet today - and please pardon my picture. My phone decided to stop taking pictures, the data sync cable for my c...