Monday, August 21, 2017

Make A Card Monday #4


Happy Monday, sorry I'm so late posting today.  I had quite the excitement here last night.  Around 9:30 last night I was sitting here cutting out vinyl to make some canvases for Halloween and something flew over my head and up the stairs.  I sat there confused for a minute and then it flew back down and realized how big it was! Then the bat/bird, whatever it was flew back upstairs.  Thank goodness the kids were asleep and their doors were closed.  I followed it upstairs but couldn't find it.  I started to think I was losing my mind and sat back down.  And then the thing dive bombed my head.  I flung open the door and grabbed a broom.  After chasing that thing through the house for about 20 minutes I finally managed to swat it to the door and out into the night. I don't even know how it got into the house but I went through and closed all the windows and put the a/c back on. I wasn't taking any chances of that thing coming back! After that I had so much adrenaline I couldn't even think about sleeping....so I'm a little sluggish today. 

On with today's project!  I used the new sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this morning.


I am still working through my 'use my stash' personal challenge.  I thought the retired Charlotte papers from CTMH would be just perfect for this sketch! Here's my card:


I think this was one of my most favorite paper collections ever!  I used a stamp from the retired set called You Mean the World to Me with sorbet ink and added various hearts and flowers from the Charlotte Complements.


This 'use my stash' challenge is really clearing out some space while I build my first new CTMH order!  If you would like to place an order with Close To My Heart I invite you to join my Welcome Back gathering! Anyone that places a minimum order of $25.00 (before tax and shipping) will be entering into a drawing for a free stamp set! Be sure to click 'join' next to the gathering so your order counts for the drawing!
Have a wonderful week!  Hugs ~ Dawn


14 comments:

  1. The soft colors, subtle patterns, and tiny stamped images surrounding the sentiment create a very sweet card. Love the look you have achieved. Thank you for joining the AHSC this week.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love pink and gray together. I would have been a nut case if I would have had something flying around in my house! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge - Patty A DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card, love all the layers.
    thanks for joining AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that paper too. It was surprisingly easy to use. I love how you used the accessories that co-ordinate for the flower elements in the sketch. Thanks for joining us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. I really love the colours and everything. Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! You've used a lot of my favorite old CTMH products here... thanks so much for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! Trying to work my way through papers I've been hoarding to make room for new! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I just used this paper for a card myself on Heart2Hert...a favorite of mine. CAS and very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Charlotte papers paired with this stamp, Dawn! Great job! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Make a Card Monday #5

Hi Everyone! Short and sweet today - and please pardon my picture. My phone decided to stop taking pictures, the data sync cable for my c...