Wednesday, July 26, 2017

3-D Wednesday #1

Welcome friends! I'm so glad you are here! Today is the first 3-D Wednesday!

I love making boxes and treat holders and other 3-D items.  It's probably what I like to make the most!  I think it just makes a gift that much better when you not only have an amazing card you've made but also have a cute or beautiful package to put it in.  I made a pretty gift box today.



I've been looking through some of my older cartridges I haven't used for a long time.  I forgot how many hidden gems are on some of these.  This hexagon box came from the Garden Soup cartridge.  


The flower on top was cut using Plantin Schoolbook in two shades of purple.  I inked the edges, curled the petals and added a brad to the center to hold it all together.  Everything I used came from my craft room.  Some things, like brads, I haven't used in years!

Box is approx 2 1/4" tall and 3 1/4" wide - nice size!

I find the most difficult thing in using old cartridges with design space is locating the items you find in the handbooks.  I realize most people probably don't even look at the handbooks anymore but I find it brings inspiration.  If you would like to make a box like this search for 'planter' within the Garden Soup cartridge.  It is the one that is all one cut and has a lid with a flap attached, shown below.

#M325B8
I hope you enjoyed my project today.  I'm still not sure what Friday's will be so stop on back for a surprise!   Hugs ~ Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a Card Monday #5

Hi Everyone! Short and sweet today - and please pardon my picture. My phone decided to stop taking pictures, the data sync cable for my c...