Monday, July 31, 2017

Make A Card Monday #2 and a Pinterest Challenge

Good Morning Friends, Happy Monday!  

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful weekend. We stayed pretty low key here. Yesterday, it was too nice to be in the house so I took the kids to a nearby park in our town and we walked some of the trails. On Saturday we finished up some school supply shopping.  We're only about two weeks away from the first day of the new school year.  It seems to start so much earlier than when I was a kid in school.  Do your kids start back soon too?  

So...on to today's project.  Have you all heard of the Pinterest Challenge?  I came across this idea a few weeks ago.  You count your boards and pick a number from 1 - however many boards you have.  Then you pick a number from 1 - however many pins are in that board.  Then whatever pin that is - you make it.  It's a great way to actually do some of those many pins you have!  I, for one, have far too many pins that I would like to admit too.  

What I did with this particular challenge was count my crafting boards only and had my son pick a number.  He chose 12 which brought me to my Card Sketch Inspiration board. He then chose 18 for the pin number, which brought me to this sketch from Pagemaps


And here is what I came up with:


I used Olive CTMH cardstock (retired long ago)  The pattern papers are from My Minds Eye


I got these in a paper deal I had purchased on PeachyCheap long ago.  If you haven't heard of them, check it out.  They offer one deal a day, usually at a huge discount.


I used my CTMH scallop border bunch on the bottom layer. I used Anna Griffin's Rosa embossing border with my Cuttlebug on white daisy card stock for the top and lightly inked over it using CTMH Barn Red ink (retired) and a sponge dauber.  The butterfly was cut from the Cricut cartridge Tie The Knot.  I used the lighter green MME paper to cut the butterfly and then just used my Clay Shin Han marker to make the center darker.  The sentiment was stamped in Olive ink using the Have a Happy Day stamp set (also retired)


I hope you all have a wonderful week!  I'll be back on Wednesday with another 3-D project that I am absolutely in love with!  Hugs ~ Dawn








No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a Card Monday #5

Hi Everyone! Short and sweet today - and please pardon my picture. My phone decided to stop taking pictures, the data sync cable for my c...